Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God Reveals

The dreams kept coming and I kept praying. Sometimes I would wake in the night. I would often wake with a heavy burden. The next day I would remember everything that I had dreamt. Each dream gave me a better understanding of God’s work, and how He was using me. My lessons kept coming although I was still growing in it all. God continued to call upon me. I really didn't know whether to act or pray. I would often act before stopping to pray. I would often jump and go to the person I dreamt about rather than keep it between the Lord and myself. I continued to learn.

One particular dream reached close to home. My sister and her family were Journey Missionaries in Mexico. They served as Agriculture Missionaries up in the mountains. I had heard from my mother that my nephew Braden had been ill, although I did not fully understand how serious it was.


Dream:

I saw my sister and brother-in-law come into my nephew’s room. In the dream I understood that it was late – around 10:00 pm. They were checking on him before bed. I saw the two of them reach down and look at him. They then started to wake him saying, “Braden, get up – we have to go to the doctor.” Something was seriously wrong. I saw that Braden had red spots on his face. They kept tugging at him to wake him. “Braden, we have to get up and go to the doctor
.”

Suddenly I awoke.

I looked at the alarm clock that read 6:00am. The burden lay heavy upon me - almost suffocating. I instinctively reached for the phone and started to call over seas. I then stopped, put the phone down, and asked, “God – what do I do?”


“Something is wrong.” I kept saying it over again - "Something is wrong." I could feel the urgency rise and my heart ached. Because it had to do with my family I wanted to call right away. I have learned today that my first reaction should not be to jump towards the phone. I need to pray. I couldn't help it - I yielded to the temptation to call. The phone rang as I paced the floor. “Pick up!” I said. There was no answer. I don’t know why, but I immediately hung up and started dialing the number again. “What time is it in Mexico?” I didn’t care, I just wanted to speak with my sister. An answer.
“Hello?” Came my brother-in-law’s voice.

“Josh!” “Are you guys okay?” I responded. “How is Braden?” I cried out.

“Here, I’ll let your sister tell you.”

“Emile! Why didn’t you answer the phone? I was worried sick!” I said.

“We were up really late last night and didn’t get to bed until a few hours ago," she responded

I told Emile that I had a disturbing dream about the family and wanted to make sure everyone was okay. I did not go into details. I asked her if anything was going on and this is what she said:

“Braden had Typhoid fever. We had taken him to the doctor in Mexico City that day to get medicine for him. The doctor told us to watch out for a reaction because if he has a reaction to the medicine he will break out and his throat will close up and he will not be able to breath. He could die before the one hour drive into Mexico City. Before bed, Josh and I went into his room to check on him – it was around 10:00pm. We noticed that he was having an allergic reaction. We saw the spots on his face and said, ‘Braden!- get up we have to go to the doctor!’ Thanks to the Lord, we got him to the doctor in time.”

I could not believe it when I heard her story! God revealed to me exactly what had happened the night before. I knew that times were difficult being away from family. All I could do was thank the Lord that He brought this to my attention. Our whole family continued to pray for Braden as well as his entire family. Braden did recover. After their two years, they returned to the states, had another child, and have recently moved back to serve as Career Missionaries to Mexico City.

No comments: