Monday, February 9, 2009

My First Vision

The sky looked clear as crystal and the ocean blue seemed to have no end. I could hardly keep my eyes upon the road while driving. The splendor of it swept me upward as if I too were a cloud and suddenly it was as if I were swimming in the heavens. I have no idea how I stayed on the road for at that moment I was truly in some other place. I wanted to stay and bask in the heavens with the Lord. I wanted to dance and fly before His loveliness.

The radio played my favorite Christian songs and I found my resting place. I began to sing aloud with the music and declare God’s beauty. I raised my hand in agreement with the song that said, "How beautiful - how beautiful."

"You are beautiful Lord,” I said out loud. “Look at this day!” “Thank you Father!” I boasted. “You are so beautiful God!” I said again as the song continued. Suddenly something strange began to happen to me. It was an odd feeling. With eyes were still fixed upon the road yet I was seeing something else at the very same time. I had heard of people having visions but I had not experienced that before this instant. I saw myself standing in a dark room. I was wearing a white dress that resembled a wedding dress. The sleeves were long and the trail of it flowed out ever so gently. My face turned upward looking towards the heavens as a strong white light shown down upon me. It looked as if I were standing in a spot light. Everything else around me was black.

Suddenly a large hand came down from heaven. It was masculine with creases and lines - aged like. It was weathered and worn from the tip to the end, yet appeared soft and gentle at the same time. The realness of it scared me. I truly felt as if I were in the hands of the Lord. I could not only see it, but feel it. The hand came down and tenderly scooped me up, lifting me towards the heavens. My long white dress flowed down below the over sized hand. It seemed as if I were but a tiny jewel as it continued to lift me higher up towards the light.

At that moment, I felt the Lord’s presence fall upon me. The presence was stronger than I had ever felt before. I gazed out at the vast sky and the endless land and wondered how I could continue to drive. His presence stretched as high as the blue sky and as wide as the land where the sun rises and sets. In my flesh, I wanted to hide my face because of my sinful nature. I wanted to pull the car over at that very moment and fall upon my knees before the Lord, for His presence was too great for me. Tears streamed down my cheeks and puddled in my lap.

I tried to concentrate on the road and make sense of what was happening. Then the vision stopped. I cried even more wondering what had just happened to me. I thought mebay God was trying to tell me that I was going to die - that He was going to take me home.

It wouldn't be until years later when I came to understand that God was trying to tell me that I was a bride of Christ and that He loved me as much and more than I could ever love Him. It was a moment I will never forget, for it was the moment of the beginning of my journey of intercessory with the Lord.

No comments: