Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Angel of Darkness

My son and I grabbed our cups of coffee and headed toward the crowded sanctuary where everyone gathered during our Sunday school hour. We all gathered to watch the video series of the Purpose Driven Life. I stepped in the doorway and scoured the room to find the perfect spot. Of course my son and I straggled in as late comers. Spotting a few empty seats toward the back over in the far right side of our church, we settled in and focused on the video. I've never sat on that side of the church but felt drawn none-the-less.

Before sitting, I noticed a young man who looked to have been between the age of 18 - 22. Casually, he leaned across a few chairs. Dressed in black from head to toe and wearing black sunglasses, I realized that I had never seen him in our church before this moment. I didn't think anything of it until I heard rash and rude comments coming from him about the video on the screen. I looked around wondering if anyone else heard his very verbal thoughts. At one point his mocking became so loud that others in the church turned around and looked in our direction. They too were wondering what the chaos was all about. I sat still and peaceful right in front of him and then asked the Lord, "Who is this person Lord?" As if God had whispered so everyone could hear, I heard the words, "He is an angel of darkness." At first I just repeated the words and then suddenly it sank in, "He's an angel . . . . of what?" I know it sounds strange but at that moment something so powerful had been revealed to me and once I understood what the Lord had said, my heart began to beat rapidly and full of fear. I could hardly sit still. The Lord then said to me, "Don't be afraid Tina. I am here."

After church I shared with my husband what the Lord had revealed to me. Of course my husband was sceptical as usual. "There's no way Satan could be in our church," he said. I did not think it was Satan himself but felt that whoever this young man was, he belonged to Satan. The young man left before anyone could speak with him.

For the next month the young man would show up at our services at odd times and always leave before anyone could speak with him. Every time he entered the church, a spirit would move within me and I would literally become ill. My heart beat fast. I became anxious. I felt the urge to cry and to fall on my knees and pray. I gathered as many friends as I could and told them that something was wrong. Something was very wrong. There is a stranger in our church and he belongs to the enemy. He always came dressed in black and always wore his sunglasses while in church. He always came on foot and always left before anyone could speak to him.

One day a friend of mine and I decided to go to lunch. My husband said to me, "Now don't tell her about the man in the church." I'm sure he did not want her to think I had completely lost my mind. After our small talk she asked, "So - how are things? How is the church doing?" Of course she did not attend out church.

I couldn't help it - I began with, "Well a strange man has been visiting . . " She interrupted, "Wait - is he between the age of 18-22, has black hair, dresses in black, and wears black boots with silver buckles?"

Astonished I said, "Yes! How did you know!" Very few people knew what the Lord had revealed to me and she did not know any of them. "Well, I had a dream the other night and saw him in the dream. The Lord told me that Satan was going to your church." I then finished my story.

We both felt shocked and speechless and to the point of tears. We confessed we had goosebumps running through our bodies. We both thanked God. My husband had been telling me that I was crazy, and yet at that moment the Lord confirmed to me that what He had shared with me that day was the truth!

I knew whenever the young man was coming. I could see him walking to church in a vision. The Lord always let me know he was coming. Between services or during I would mouth to my friends, "He's coming. We need to pray." He always showed up a few minutes after that.

The Lord reveals for a reason - to go to battle - to pray through it - so that the enemy's plan can be stopped and the Lord's work can continue. I called a well known intercessor and asked him what we should do. He told me that God definitely revealed the enemy's move to enter our church and we needed to remove the enemy from our church . . .we would do that through prayer.

I called and gathered a hand full of prayer warriors and intercessors. I asked if we could meet at the church and pray throughout it anointing the doors with oil. They agreed. Unfortunately the day everyone could gather was a day I could not attend. They gathered anyway and prayed throughout the entire church.

The very next Sunday, on Halloween day, I received a vision from the Lord. I saw the young man coming. He was walking to the church. The Lord revealed to me that the enemy will no longer be able to enter with this person. The enemy will be stopped at the door . . . and he was. The young man entered without being dressed in black and for the very first time, he was not wearing his sunglasses. I didn't feel sick or anxious. His presence in the church did not disturb me because the enemy did not enter with him. That Sunday would be the very last time this young man came to our church. We never saw him again.



No comments: