Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dream – A Call for Help

After that vision I began having dreams and other strange things happen to me. I didn't always understand them, sometimes they scared me, but I endured the best way I knew how.


Dream:
I saw a clear picture of our church. I was looking at the hallway. It was empty until one of our senior adults came walking around the corner. She appeared weak and frail. She was sick. She started to pass out and fall to the floor. At the same time she called out with a weak breath, “Sarah, help me I’m dying” I came running around the corner just in time to catch her and hold her neck in my arms as the rest of her body lay limp on the floor. At that moment, others came. I called for someone to call for an ambulance. And then I awoke from the dream.

When I awoke in the night, I did not understand what was happening to me. I felt a strong need to pray for Libby and so I did - I prayed. My prayer times today are very different from when I prayed back then. If I had experienced that dream today, I would have prayed differently. Now I seem to understand a little more.
The very next morning a team from our church gathered to drive to a VBS training event. Libby happened to of been one of the women on the van that day. She sat in the center while I sat in the front with the driver. Because of my lack of experience, I did not handle the dream with respect and privacy for the Lord or for Libby.
I called her name from the front seat, “Libby!" "I had a strange dream about you last night. Are you feeling okay?”

She answered, “No I am not well.” Everyone else in the van spoke among themselves and I do not believe anyone over heard our conversation.

She continued, “I have something really wrong with me and I need to get to the doctor, but I want to wait until after our VBS.”

“It is something on the inside of me,” she said.

Our VBS would not happen for another two months which meant Libby would not go to the doctor until then.

I realized at that moment that the dream was real and that the urgency I felt about it all was real. She asked me about the dream. “I’ll share it with you later,” I told her.

Later that day I shared the dream with her. I felt God urging me to encourage her to get to the doctor as soon as possible. I pleaded and told her that I felt in my dream that this was very very serious and God was allowing me to see this for a reason.

Libby did go to the doctor right away instead of waiting for two months. She ended up having surgery a week later. After it was all over, she shared with me that the doctor felt that if she had waited it could have been much more serious than it was.

That day the Lord opened my eyes as to how He can use His people as intercessors. I am learning when to speak and when not to speak. I am learning that the Lord gives us a piece of a puzzle sometimes and we don't always know how it will fit together. I am learning that He whispers to us in private - shares His secrets with us - and trusts us with His information. Though difficult to know what to do with it at times - the Lord still teaches. I continue to learn more about prayer and about becoming a great intercessor for God.

No comments: