Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Strong Hold

August 2005

I entered the presence of someone new today. My husband walked in and I began to get emotional. Tears swelled - I suppressed them. I mouthed the words - "Something is wrong. What is wrong?" He told me that someone had just called at that moment with an issue. Perhaps it was that. I really didn't know. My husband left and I fell on my face to pray. I prayed and the Holy Spirit fell upon me as I prayed in my prayer language. The Lord began to unfold a picture and I realized that the move to pray had nothing to do with the phone call but everything to with being in the presence of that person that day. (Again - I am not an artist - I just try to draw what I see. My drawings do not depict the true visual of what I saw)
I saw a huge octopus. The octopus had hold of the person that was new in my presence that day. I cried out for God to send his mightiest warriors to help this person. The person was not fighting at all. It allowed the octopus to hold on to him. An angel of the Lord came - a warrior - and began swinging his sword at the octopus. Another angel came. The octopus flailed around fighting the angel off. The angel appeared so small compared to the octopus. After a while of prayer, I realized that this day there would not be victory. The battle and hold was too strong.

I wasn't sure what was going on that day or what the octopus symbolized. I understood that there was some kind of hold on this person, it was strong, and it was really big. This was the first of many battles to come regarding this person.

Update:


Trying to make sense of what the octopus meant, I spoke with a friend of mine who is an intercessor. She spoke with someone who has studied and teaches intercession and felt that the octopus symbolized a "Jezebel Spirit". I have no idea how she came to that conclusion or if it really might mean that.

No comments: