Friday, March 6, 2009

For the Love of a Child

June – 2005

I once again became emotional tonight. A vision came to me as I was praying.


Vision:

I first saw a small child. I had no idea if it was a girl or a boy. The baby was between 15 months to 18 months old. I then saw a friend of mine who is a nurse practitioner. The vision continued as another person appeared. I only saw the back of this young lady. She had blond hair that looked as if it came down to her shoulders. The picture then moved to my mother-in-law and father-in-law. My father–in-law was sitting down as my mother-in-law stood beside him. In the vision she looked very upset about something. She was crying. She did not appear to be upset with my father-in-law but with something else. The emotion seemed to affect me as I prayed and cried over this situation. I did not fully understand what was happening, nor did the Lord reveal to me during my prayer what I was praying about. I only understood that it had something to do with that child, the other woman, and my mother-in-law. I also understood that it might be a medical issue because I saw my friend who is in the medical field.

When my prayer time was done my husband asked me if I was all right.

“You might want to give your mom a call,” I said.

He asked why and I stated that she was upset. We both knew that was unusual for his mother. He did not truly believe but called her anyway. He spoke with his dad and as he expected his dad said that everything was fine and that my mother-in-law was doing well. My mother in law was not there at the moment so he hung up the phone feeling as if everything was fine and there wasn’t anything to worry about.

The very next night around 9:00pm the phone rang. I heard my husband trying to console and comfort someone on the other end of the line. After a lengthy conversation he hung up the phone. I asked if everything was all right.

My husband said, “That was my mom and she was upset.” It was just as the Lord revealed.

His great niece was just a baby – around fifteen months old. She had been having seizures. She was the baby I saw. The doctors put her in the hospital and ran some tests. The tests showed that there was a tumor on her spine. That is what his mother was so upset about. The young woman I saw with blond hair was my husband's niece.

It seemed to all fit into place now. We continued to pray for the baby and the family. Soon more tests revealed that the tumor on the back of her spine was nothing – almost like a small air pocket. God is good.


Update:


2007 - One year ago A- (the baby) was diagnosed with leukemia. She has been doing a great job of fighting it. It has been difficult for the family.
2008 – A - is not doing well – we will continue to pray.
2009 – A - is doing fine and in a special school now. She continues to fight the leukemia.

No comments: