Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Someone is Going to Die

A few days after the last dream, I became emotional and felt called into prayer. I went into the laundry room, fell prostrate on the floor, and began to pray. I cried as usual, my stomach and heart hurt, and the prayer language began.

I understood the Lord telling me that one of my husband's parents was going to die. It would not be in a day or week - but soon. As I continued to pray a vision unfolded:

Vision

I saw my in-law lying in the bed in a hospital room. I saw only the feet. The Lord did not reveal the face to me. I don't remember but three or four people came into the room and stood at the foot of the bed. I could only see the back of their heads. A doctor stood off to the side and said, "I'm so sorry." He then left the room. I understood that the person in the bed was dead.


A few moments later my tears turned from tears of intercession to tears of grief. I knew - I knew that one of my in-laws was going to die. I was so grieved by it all. In that moment of my grieving the Lord told me that I needed to go and tell my husband.


I cried even more saying to God, "I can't Lord! I just can't do that - he will not believe me."


"Why?" I cried out. "Why do I need to tell him Lord?"


The Lord answered, "because I want him to be prepared."


I remember lying there in the hands of God grieving over the loss of something that I knew was going to come and then grieving over the fact that I needed to go and tell my husband something so difficult. How would he ever believe me!


The Lord eased my tears as I found my husband and told him the news. I am not sure what he thought about it all. He didn't say much. I wanted him to know that I told him because the Lord wanted him to be prepared. That was one of the hardest things I had to do. So began the waiting of truly what would happen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel

i'm 13 nd i can see ghost though

good people who died

Servant of God said...

Hello 13 -

Sorry I didn't see this sooner or get a notice - that must be really scary for you. I have never seen ghosts but I can discern evil spirits and God has a way of revealing things to us through His Holy Spirit. When Christ is walking with us - we have nothing to fear. He often reveals things to us so that we can pray for someone.