Monday, March 23, 2009

A Season of Rest

After that trying time, the Lord would bring a season of rest. That season was a time to grieve, a time to reflect, a time to rest my heart and mind. A well known intercessor once told me that God would that. I can remember waiting for that time to come and happen. I longed for it, I needed it, and at the right moment, it came. I would not be called to pray through a spiritual warfare, a battle, or anything other than my daily quiet time I had with the Lord. With it all being so new to me I needed to rest. At times my emotions got the better of me and I truly felt like I was falling apart. But the Lord is good and the Lord is faithful, and the Lord never gives you more than you can handle.

During that season of rest, a friend of mine took me to an intercessor she knew. We met and though she did not have the gift of prophetic intercession, the Lord placed something on her heart for me while I was in her presence. She turned and put on a CD. She said the Lord was telling her that I needed to hear this particular song. Josh Groben sang out with "You Raise Me Up." She prayed over me while the song played. I cannot tell you what an overwhelming experience that was for me. The Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, I wept, and knew that God was speaking to me. She didn't know that a few days before our meeting I drew a picture of an imagine the Lord had given me. God is amazing.


No comments: