Friday, March 20, 2009

The Last Piece

Sometimes things can be so obvious but for some reason it doesn't connect. Putting the lines together, connecting the dots, and putting that last piece of the puzzle together would have us believe that we can then make sense of the picture, but even after all of that we at times still take a step back to try to figure out the picture.

I had one last dream before it all unfolded; a dream so obvious but for some reason it didn't connect with me - for some reason I didn't get - for some reason my mind could not grasp the meaning of the dream - but my husband did get it. He understood the meaning. God had revealed it to him.

Dream:

My husband and I were in a very large city. We were getting gas at a gas station and suddenly needed to get somewhere and in a hurry. We had to cross four lanes going one direction. That is how big the city was. We waited on the traffic to pass until we found an opening and then we drove across the four lanes and on to the grass. We drove across the field and toward a beautiful valley. We drove through the valley out in the country toward a small cabin. My father-in-law was sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch of the cabin. When we arrived, he took us inside. My mother-in-law was sitting in a chair at the table. She looked beautiful and radiant. She began to show me her ruby and emerald rings. They were huge. I felt in awe and amazed at the sight of them. She was so excited about the jewels she wore. She wore a crown on her head filled with jewels as well. Our meeting was so special. We sat and basked in her joy. She was so happy. I then woke up.

About one month after that dream, my husband I traveled to a very large city for our anniversary. During that time, we received a phone call that his mother had a heart attack and did not make it. We needed to travel back home from that large city. I remember grieving over the loss of my precious mother-in-law and at the same time grieving over the fact that I had it all wrong. I had been telling my husband that I thought it would be his dad. I felt like such a failure in delivering the message I thought God wanted me to deliver. God never told me to tell my husband that his father would die - he did tell me to share with him that someone would die. My own assumption was that it would be his father. After apologizing to my husband and weeping about it all, he gently told me that after the last dream, he understood that it would be his mother.

Update:


While family gathered at our home for the service, my father-in-law woke up one morning to share that he had a dream. He had been asking God why this would happen. He said that the Lord told him in his dream not to worry that everything would be okay and that it was for the best because my mother-in-law had cancer. The Lord wanted to spare her the difficult journey.

My father-in-law shared that if tested he had no doubt that it would be cancer of the liver. My mother-in-law had battled cancer before and shared that if it ever came back she would not be able to go through the chemo - it would be too difficult for her. I am amazed at the love the Father has for my husband that He would go to great lengths to prepare him for such a moment.



No comments: