Monday, March 9, 2009

Money

August 8, 2005

I was driving home from the doctor’s office when I became emotional. I turned off the interstate and towards the road that led towards home.

About five minutes from my house, I started weeping. I could not control it. I grabbed the tissues from the front seat and began to wipe away the tears. The emotion came stronger and stronger as the Holy Spirit came upon me and I began to speak in my language - still trying to drive and get home.

As I stopped at the stop light, I noticed that the work van in front of me belonged to someone from my church. My tears intensified.

I parked in the garage, hurried to my room, closed the door and fell on my face – the urgency to pray was stronger and overbearing.

My stomach hurt so much that I doubled over and felt as if I would vomit. My heart hurt too – all the while I prayed asking the Lord what was going on. I remember looking at the clock that read 10:00am. About twenty minutes into the prayer I sat up from lying prostrate on the floor because the pain hurt my stomach and I was crying so hard that it felt as if I could not breathe.

My crying intensified as well as the praying. My lips moved swiftly as if I had no control over what I was saying. I began to hurt even more in my heart and stomach. I cried deeply.

Then I heard someone walking on the roof of my house. I heard the steps from one end of the roof to the other. I stopped praying for a moment to listen and then continued on again. I fell to my face with an intensity that I cannot explain. Something was wrong. Something was wrong!

A part of me wanted to get up and look – but the Lord kept me where I was – deep in prayer.

As it slowed down – I got up and walked to the window, looked out the front, and saw the same work van that I had seen earlier. It was the same man – He was on my roof – why – I did not know. I continued to pray and then God revealed something to me.

I had a vision.

I saw this man standing on a roof. I then saw that he had money in his hands and he was putting it secretively in his pocket. I understood that he was pocketing money from someone or something. I did not understand what it was all about or why. I only know that God called me to intercede about something concerning this man and money.


Update:


Years later this man left our church. I never shared with anyone about that moment. If I had to guess, I would have guessed that this man was stealing or cheating someone financially. He was doing some work that day on our roof for our church. I have no idea if he was cheating them or not. I had the discernment that he was pocketing money. I did not know this man and never told anyone about what had happened until several years later.

No comments: