Friday, February 19, 2010

In 2009 a nearby church in my community was going through a difficult and trying time. I knew the Lord was working in lives. I understand that God wanted to teach, reveal, and change. An associate pastor of the church found his way into the center of the conflict. The head pastor eventually was forced out and the associate pastor was elevated to the lead pastor.

There were lies, gossip, and so much drama. All the while God was still growing and changing the lead pastor. God did have a plan. In this case, I truly felt God wanted to restore the church, bring healing to the pastor, and bring healing to the people. Unfortunately human beings often get in the way of what God is trying to do.
In our big chess game God looks at our moves and says, "Okay - if you want to move that way then I am forced to move this way." Because of the conflict many people were scattering. Once the associate pastor stepped up - even more people scattered.

As I was deep in prayer and scripture during this time I came upon many things God revealed that I felt would happen concerning this issue.

October 13, 2009

I had been reading in Jeremiah. I believed that the Lord was telling me that God would assemble the flock that had scattered and they would worship together again.

"But I will gather together the remnant of my flock from wherever I have driven them. I will bring them back into their own fold, and they will be fruitful and increase in number."

- - - Jeremiah 23:3

The lead pastor eventually resigned from his old church. After four months away from the flock, he, along with a group of godly men, felt God leading to start a church plant. He did. And just as the Lord promised those who had scattered and parted did come to the new church plant. (without any prompting on the pastor's part) The flock has been fruitful and within four months has increased in number. The Lord is good to reveal. The worship is sweet, the Spirit is present, and God is changing hearts. . . just as he wanted to have happen at the other church.

October 16, 2009

"Then Jeremiah the prophet said, "Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, but the people believe your lies. Therefore, the Lord says you must die. Your life will end this very year because you have rebelled against the Lord." Two months later, Hananiah died."

- - - Jeremiah 28:15-17

As I was reading this scripture, I felt in my heart that the Lord was referring to the associate pastor. I knew he was speaking lies and I also knew the people left at the previous church was believing him. After I read "Two months later, Hananiah died." I knew that within two months of the lead pastor resigning, the associate pastor would leave.

The pastor resigned in December -

February - I just got word the other day that the associate pastor has accepted a call to another church.

Thank you for your word Lord . . .who speaks . . . who reveals . . . who testifies . . . who determines . . . who changes . . .who wills . . . who IS.

No comments: