Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Lost - Now Found

This morning as I worked on a Bible study I am writing I came to the lesson on Tamar. As I read through the scripture I came to the place where she was raped by her half brother. My heart stirred. Emotion swelled within and I started to pray in the Spirit. I had no idea what was happening just that my Spirit was stirred at that moment and the Lord called me into prayer.

I quickly fell on my face before the Lord - tears streaming down my cheeks. I said to the Lord, " I accept the task Lord. What is happening."

At first, pictures of women who I knew had been hurt in similar ways, shot before my eyes. My stomach hurt - ached - groaned. I doubled over from grief for the pain the women experienced. It was almost as if I could feel their pain - it was horrendous.

Then suddenly as I have seen before - a picture unfolded before my eyes - like a movie. As the picture became more visible my heart groaned even more and the tears flowed more rapidly. My lips began to move more rapidly. I usually know what I am praying about - but in this case the Lord did not reveal to me the words being spoken. I only saw it through the picture He was unfolding before my eyes.

I saw a secluded area. The grass was tall and thick. The wind blew west as I could see the blades on the grass flowing that way. I saw large rocks - maybe like you would see by a river or something but I did not see the water. There was an opening - like a clearing in a field. To the east and north there were trees - thick - like a forest. I saw the large grey rocks sticking out of the grassy field - I did not see a lot of rocks just some large ones scattered throughout the field. 

I then saw a man's legs and feet. I could see his heavy boots - like mountain boots or hiking boots. He wore blue jeans and I saw that in his right hand he carried a shot gun or a rifle of some sort and held it to his right side down by his right leg. He came upon the rock with the thick grass flowing against it. As I continued to pray it was as if the Lord opened my view to see even more. My stomach heaved and  my heart ached an ache that is indescribable  - and then I saw it - the skeleton of a young woman who I knew in my spirit had been raped and killed.  I cried even more over the thought of it - as if I knew her but I did not. I understood that God's heart hurt too - pain seeped.

Then my eyes turned toward the forest and the trees. I saw around a hundred people of all ages walk out from the trees into the clearing. They were all dressed in white robes. I didn't understand what was happening. It felt as if they were present when she was found. It was strange but glorious all at the same time - As if heaven were standing right there in the clearing with her.

The Lord did not reveal to me who she was or the details of what happened. I asked the Lord, "What do you want me to do Lord?" "Why are you showing me this?" I heard him say, "So that she will be found."

I then took in a deep breath and the tears suddenly stopped as if a water faucet had been turned off. My grief and ache in my heart ceased and I knew that the task was over - and that someone who had been missing for a while would be found.

Though painful - the family may have rest.

No comments: