Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hearing From God

Thursday August 5th I shared with my husband that he needed to go and see Tom - an elderly man in our church. My husband said that he would. There was no reason to see him. He had not been ill that we knew of and no one asked us to go and see Tom. It was simply the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I had no idea what was happening only that my husband needed to go and see him.

My husband said that he would go after he came back from the men's retreat. He returned home Saturday night and of course Sunday morning he was busy with the church. I again shared on Sunday that he needed to go and see Tom. He said that he would go Monday.

Monday morning while on my way to Denver, I called home to remind my husband that he needed to go and see Tom. He waited until the afternoon before going. When he finally arrived at the house he was told that they had just taken Tom to the emergency room.

Tom has a hole in his heart and will need a procedure tomorrow. I will pray for Tom and his healing. God continues to teach us about his workings and the way he speaks and moves. We must be quick to listen and quick to obey.

No comments: